California Local School Wellness Policy Collaborative
The California Local School Wellness Policy Collaborative brings together state leaders committed to improving student wellness and academic success.
We inspire school communities to take their wellness policies from paper to practice.
We empower school communities and partners to strengthen local school wellness policies and systems in California to support student whole child health and academic achievement.
- Improve Implementation an Evaluation of LSWP
- Support districts in meeting or exceeding USDA requirements for the Local School Wellness Policy through capacity building, technical assistance, and resource development.
- Promote and Protect Access to Nutrition and Food Security
- Promote and protect practices that establish healthy school nutrition environments and access to nutritious food both during the school day and outside of the school day.
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child
- Increase awareness and knowledge at the County Office of Education, District, and School Site level about the WSCC Framework and the opportunity it provides for a comprehensive approach to LSWP.
Sign up to receive the newsletter
Follow us on Social Media!
Twitter Instagram YouTube
Join Us In Inspiring Healthy School Communities
Share why you make healthy choices where you live, learn and play. Follow the conversation at #winningatwellness and tag us in your posts so we can share your story! Send us an email if you'd like hard copies of this resource or simply download the template.
Related Training Opportunities