What to Expect
Find out what to expect when the Mobile Dairy Classroom visits your whole school.
Check Availability for FREE Assembly
If your elementary school is in California and you would like a FREE visit from the Mobile Dairy Classroom, please visit our online scheduler.
If your school is located out of our regular travel zones, virtual assembly options are available for you.
What should you and your students expect to see?
- The Mobile Dairy Classroom Assembly brings agriculture right to your school teaching students new vocabulary, the anatomy of a cow, how milk goes from the cow to the table, and the importance of healthy eating and physical activity.
- There will be two 45-minute assemblies:
- 45 minutes for lower elementary grades, K-3, focusing on vocabulary, life cycles and anatomy concepts
- 45 minutes for upper elementary grades, 4-6, explaining the ruminant digestive system, lactation cycle, agriculture technology and milk processing with proper vocabulary
- The cow stays in her classroom trailer for the whole assembly.
- The assembly is an outdoor event and will take place in the morning, so make sure your students bring jackets if the weather is cool.
- Chairs are not recommended.
- This assembly is intended for whole school participation.
The assembly must be held in the morning and in an outdoor area that can accommodate a 35-foot truck and trailer combination. No electricity is needed.
Please note the Mobile Dairy Classroom assembly is only available in California.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Thank you so much for the opportunity for our students to experience “a real cow” as they said! … It was a wonderful experience for all!
Kelly Freitas, Santa Cruz