Kindergarten Grade Quick Start Guide + Links
Looking for nutrition education resources for Kindergarten children? Whether you’re new to our resources or looking for more, start here.
STEP 1. Confirm that you have all materials
Educator materials include:
Student materials include:
STEP 2. Review the additional resources in the educator guide
In addition to the lesson plans, the educator guide contains:
STEP 3. Review each lesson plan
Inside the Let’s Eat Healthy Educator Guide, you will find five lesson plans and a pre- and post-assessment. Review each lesson plan prior to teaching. Visit Dairy Council of California’s website at HealthyEating.org/Curriculum to access more grade level content.
- Plan for 20-40 minutes of class time for each activity. Preparation time for each activity ranges from 10 to 20 minutes.
- Use the family letter on the first day you teach the program and the family connection included in each lesson. Involving parents reinforces what is being taught in the classroom and may encourage parents to become classroom volunteers.
- Model the workbook activities for your students before they begin to work on their own.
- Encourage your students to share their personal or home experiences with food, eating, and physical activities whenever possible. It will help children relate to one another and personalize the activities.
- Be a healthy role model. Students closely watch your words and actions. Making healthy food choices and talking about healthy eating outside the classroom will send students the right message and reinforce classroom lessons. It may also encourage healthy eating behaviors and attitudes in your students.
- Talk with other teachers at your school who use the program for other ideas.
Jump ahead to your intended lesson
- Food Group Friends Pictures
- Sentence bubble statements
End with the Program Post-Assessment